Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Sophia is a Preschooler!

Yesterday morning, Sophia had her first day of school. She is now officially a preschooler! Because she is just over a year old, she is in the Mother's Morning Out program which meets one day a week for 2 1/2 hours. It was a big day for Sophia and for mommy, because it was Sophia's first time being left with anyone that wasn't family. Before we left for school, we took a few pictures of Sophia with her backpack on.

I'm ready Mommy!




Let's go!


I was convinced I wasn't going to cry, but as soon as we pulled into the parking lot, I started getting teary eyed. I used to be a teacher at Sophia's school, so I know her teachers and know she will be in great hands. We walked up with Sophia's friend Lacey and her mommy Sarah, and when we got to the door I started to cry. Sophia was probably wondering why her mommy was so crazy! We went to her classroom, and she was excited to get down and play! She got hurt right before I left which made it even harder to leave her, but I waited outside the door until I knew she was fine and Sarah and I went shopping to take our minds off of leaving our babies.

Sophia playing with Ms. Julie


Checking out all the cool toys


When we went back to pick them up, we got great reports from Ms. Julie and Ms. Sybil! Sophia was exhausted, but had a wonderful time at school and we can't wait until next week! Hopefully I can hold it together next time :)

Her class, the Goldfish Gang


No comments:

Post a Comment